Friday, September 12, 2008

Flashback Friday: The last two weeks

Ok, I'm not flashing back very far but trying to get caught up.

Last week we were preparing to leave for Lotoja. If you remember, Mark had the fastest time last year setting a new course record. If you want to see it for yourself click here . It was pretty amazing. 206 miles in 9 hours 6 minutes. With as many people riding in a race that long it was like lightening striking - everything just came together. This year there was no way they were going to let Mark get off the front. The masters 45 category finished in a group and it was a sprint to the finish. Mark got kind of boxed in but still got third - awesome finish! This time it took about 9 hours and 45 minutes. Proof that 2 people willing to work together are more effiecient than 16 people who are not willing to work together. Click here for some awesome pictures. Aaron and Celisa joined us and Amy, Jordan and Ruby were planning to come but Ruby got sick at the last minute.

School started for me and I hit the ground running. I would have pitures of me on my first day of school but... well you know - I've been going so long that no one really cares :) and besides that - I really hate looking at pictures of myself - which leads me to another new thing - I joined Weight Watchers. I finally took the plunge. I'm down five pounds and really excited - something is finally working. I debated about making this public knowledge but now that you know it means I'm really committed.

Yesterday we held that annual Jr. Core social which means we hosted 30 people in our back yard for dinner. No I didn't cook but I did get the backyard 97% finished! (this year's phase anyway)... well except for the drip system, and I can't figure out how to finish off the last corner - ANYWAY I won't rain on my parade! I have to say that while it was way more work than I imagined, it also turned out better than I imagined. Come and check it out! Here are some pictures for those of you who live further away:

I'll post more pictures later, I'm having a hard time getting them to download and I need to do some homework.

1 comment:

Kami Su said...

Sounds like you all have so many wonderful things going on I am so happy for you all. I saw some of your family at the park last night (Sunday) was that a ward gathering? Weight Watchers, 5 lbs, WAY TO GO, that is awesome! I think making it public for me, makes it official! You are already so great at doing hard things I am sure just putting your mind to it, you'll accomplish what you want to, un-like me who has to keep putting my mind to it over and over again.