Monday, September 22, 2008

Tchê!!!

Good Morning Family!
I hope everyone is well!

My week was a lil crazy. We had our Zone Conference this passed week, and it was really inspiring! Presidente Myrrha is really inspired. I am learning a lot. Then this passed Saturday we had Celebrated the Dia do Gaúcho(the day of the Brassillian Cowboy). Which means that everyone gets drunk and dresses up in the traditional get up and rides horses around the city like it's the World Cup or something. But, as it turns out we actually taught a few lessons and the day wasn't totally wasted; and I forgot my camera and don't the traditional cloths so you'll all just have to wait until the next Dia do Gaúcho to see what a crazy expeirience it is.

With two days almost totally taken by our conference and the drunken cowboys we still had plans to bring 20+ investigators to church on Sunday; But, it turns out word isn't really a bond here and we ended up bringing three precious souls to sacrament meeting.

To sum it all up Satan was really working just as hard as we were this week; We have been teaching a middle aged woman named Marisa. She seemed to me a gift from heaven. She was truly a blessing to teach; always animated, excited to hear what would happen in the next chapter. She even went one of the activities in the ward alone; met all of the women in the ward and was very excited to go to sacrament meeting. But, when we arrived she said she wouldn't be going to church with us. She said she would keep following her church, the catholic church. Minha nossa, O que aconteceu? Eu falei. What the crap, but more polite, what happened? I said. Then she said that no one said anything. I said, what, I didn't ask who, I asked what. Then I saw her sister in the window and I knew what happened. I wanted to cry, but my companion was already tearing up. But I realized that that Satan is very powerful and very cunning and like our Father in Heaven he works through others. I am so grateful for my testimony and for your support. I don't think I could do this without your love and the love of our Father in Heaven.

I don't know if there is anything else we can do, but I hope that at least we planted a seed and that she will not close her heart.

Sure love you guys!!! Thanks for your letters!!!
Até proxíma semana...
Tchau
Elder Rob

No comments: