Monday, August 24, 2009

Dream


Dear Family,

How is everyone? It was so good to hear from so many this week! I'm glad to hear that your all content and happy!

Well, sadly a lot of the people that were on that list didn't go to church and aren't progressing like we were hoping but we still had a great. This week I went on division with Elder Laney and we had a lot of success the two days we worked together. He is a really good missionary. I don't know if you all remember but we live in the same house. But, now Elder Monteiro and I work separated from Elder Laney and Bruno. He is very funny and reminds me of Sean. He is kind of a nerd but really funny at the same time. Any way, we had a good division and I felt a lot more excited to work.

Last week I also had my interview with president and he helped me to have a better perspective on the time that I have left in my mission and that I am in control of what happens and told me to dream. Here in Salgado Filho we are really meeting a lot of new investigators that have a lot of interest but I don't think I will stay here long enough to see them get baptized. I'm excited to be transferred and I am grateful for the time that I have had to learn so much here and work with such good members and leaders. I hope that I will be able to apply this in my next area! Pray for me. I will know where I will be going and who will be my comp. next week!

Yesterday Raissa was baptized! She was the first in her family and soon her parents will get married and will follow her example. She was very excited and there is a young couple in the ward that has really been visiting them a lot and the dad, Ricardo baptized her.

I have been thinking a lot about what members will be the most faithfuls and which will edify the church the most. It is clear the a young family can learn and grow and certainly help the church to grow. But the children also have such a great potential to learn through seminary, institute, go on a mission and really turn leaders. We are preparing Raissa to be a strong example and to stay firm in the church! Pray for her too!

Thanks for all of your love and support and especially for writing me! It means so much to me.

We just got back from a hike of the biggest mountain in Santa Maria which we call the antenna.

I will send some photos!

Love,

Elder Z




No comments: