Monday, April 13, 2009

One Year in the Mission!

Dear Family,

I can't believe that time has passed so quickly! I feel like it has been a long time that I have been on the mission but, I remember everything! So, I can even remember the car ride to the MTC! I ate soup at Magleby's Fresh. Hmmm...

I would like to tell you all how much you mean to me and how much I love you. I have been so blessed to be born into such a wonderful family. I wouldn't want to spend eternity without any one of you so, I want to challenge each and every one of you to do your best in everything to do and remember that our time is NOW! Let's not leave anything for tomorrow!

This week has been good. We are making progress. I see a lot of traits in my companion that I had at the beginning of my mission that I keep kicking myself in the shins for and have to remind myself to be patient and to love my companion.

But, Salgado Filho is very good! We work in four. Me, Evaristo, Hendricks and Laney. Hendricks and Laney are the ZL's and they're both Americans. They are some of the best in the mission. I feel very blessed to work with them.

Every day is different. We switch companions to work every day, share the numbers and work with the same investigators and split the numbers at the end of the week.

But, that's not the most important part about the work here. It's all about the members! Elder Perry was talking about Salgado Filho! This ward is the bomb! We are going to fill three buses with investigators and members to go to stake conference! It's going to be the bomb! But, I think that the work would be SO much better if we were better missionaries. The members are full time finders and the missionaries are full time teachers. Start by planting seeds, talking about the church, activities, camp outs, programs. Then invite EVERYONE! A lot of people won't go but, those that will, will be the ones that have been waiting for the gospel. Be A Missionary!!!

I'm saying this because the members here haven't passed one week without bringing at least 5 friends to church! That's an amazing help for the missionaries! I have also passed through areas that have been a sure pain and waste of time because of the members. It's the duty of the members to find the investigators! This is our time, let's use it wisely and without regrets!

Wow, I'm really sorry I g2g!

Love you all, my credits are up!!!

until next week

Elder Z

No comments: