Monday, March 29, 2010

WOW

Dear Family,

It is interesting how much the words of Jacob have come to life for me when he said, "and the time passed by as if it was a dream." It is one thing to hear these words and agree that it is true but, it is another to be a missionary and remember everything that happened in your mission that is coming to a close. As you've followed along with me you can probably relate to what these words now mean to me. In movies we see people as they are about to die and there lives pass before their eyes like a movie. I have seen the movie of my mission pass before my eyes so many times! I'm not dying, but I am entering into a new phase of life. I will not shut the book and the lessons will not end, but, some things will be set aside for the time being.

I've experienced so many times, when we feel like we are on the top of the world and nothing will take you down, God needs to humble us and put us in our place. What a blessing it is to live in a world SO inconsistent! If it wasn't for the inconsistency we would never grow. Once I heard that, "true happiness is progress," and I have learned this to be true. But it is one thing to be inconsistent and another to be consistent in an inconsistent world. One of the greatest blessings and lessons that I have learned on my mission is how I can trust in the Lord!

I have been getting anxious to go home. Don't get me wrong, I worked until the last minute. I'm SO very excited to see every one of you, to hug you and kiss you and look into your eyes. But I will miss profoundly looking into the eyes of the Gaúchos, speaking português and teaching from the bottom of my heart the things that I have learned to be true. I plan on getting right to work, school, play and dating and not letting a moment pass by without doing something worth while!

If you asked me if I knew what would happen tomorrow, I couldn't tell you. If you asked me where I will be in a year, I don't know. If you asked me what I would be doing in five years, I could tell you my goals, my hopes and what I hope to be. But the comfort that I have is that God does everything for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why but it is only after that we learn. What a blessing!

Thank You, Each and every one of you for everything!

WHAT A BLESSING IT IS TO HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL FAMILY!

See you on Wednesday!!! Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Love,

Elder Zimbelman

P.S. We baptized a young man named Jairo on Saturday! I will tell you more on Wednesday!

*NOTE FROM KAREN*
48 HOURS - I * CAN'T * WAIT!!!!

No comments: