Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Work and Play


Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your letters of encouragement, love concern and everything that you have all done for me! We are getting to work here in Santiago but the work is rough and a lot of times me and my companion feel very frustrated.

We have decided that we will need to work a lot with the members to remember them of there testimonies and then we will see a lot of progress with new investigators, referrals and the difference that needs to happen here.

I gave a talk this Sunday about becoming a people of Zion; being pure of heart. I talked about fervent prayer and studying the scriptures with vigor. I sure feel like there is a lot of hope and potential here but the members sure need to wake up.
So we're going to wake them up with all they can handle! I have noticed that the great difference between Salgado Filho and Santiago is that the members are all involved in the work and don't have a lot of time to go a astray. The members here are really needing something to do with their time. So we've planned activities through the week; Wednesday we will have a conversation night with English students that already have a bit of knowledge about English and are needing practice, Friday night we will have a movie night with films that have something to do with the church, Saturday the young men and young women will start doing super Saturdays and maybe even on Sundays we will have devotionals...
What do you think?

The members are really going to need some help and I would really appreciate it if you would all pray for them, and us! This week there were three more people at church, so we ended up with 37 and this week we had an investigator at church named Antonio. He is married to a recent convert named Janice that was baptized a few weeks ago. We are also teaching a family that once again needs to get married but look like they have real intent to know the truth. There names are; Suny, Jaqueline, Gianine and Marcos. Suny recently lost his father and is really suffering. Pray for them!

Once again I want to thank you all for your letters, they really calmed my heart and help me have more hope!

I sure love you guys! Can't wait to hear from you next week!

Love, Elder Z

No comments: