Monday, July 20, 2009

Transferência

Dear Family,

Another week has flown by here in Santa Maria and I'm feeling excited but nervous. My best companion is going to the "worst" area in the mission! He isn't very excited about it. I've have gotten really tired this last week. I got a cold and it was super cold outside and President didn't want us to leave the house. So this week the work has suffered a little.

We have been going through some pretty tough times here in Salgado Filho but even in the mists of problems we had two baptisms yesterday. Janete and Cristina. Clailton and Luana aren't completely prepared to be baptized but they are really showing a lot of progress. The only problem is that they have a few doubts and beliefs that we have to work out before they will become strong converts in the church.

My new companions name is Elder Monteiro. He is really new in the mission. Only 4 and a half months! President has a lot of confidence in him and he might even take my place here as district leader when I am transferred.

I just wanted you guys to know that Elder Branco has been my Best companion! He is in the mission because of your prayers! We had a really good day when he decided to pray to know if he would stay in the mission. Our prayers were answered! He received a response! Thanks so much! I'm so proud to tell everyone here that you guys are always praying for them! Keep up the good work.

I want you all to know also that it has never been an option for me to go home before my time. But it's not always easy here. Just wanted to thank you all for your love and support that slaps me in the face every day at 6:30 and helps me sleep when at 10:30! Without you all I couldn't do it!

Don't think that I'm not having the best time of my life but the best things in life don't come for free!

Love you guys, YOU'RE IN MY PRAYERS!

No comments: