Monday, March 2, 2009

To the Ward

Dear Edgemont 19th Ward,

It's amazing how fast time passes on the mission. I can remember you all so perfectly and I know that all you have done for me has made my mission the best time of my life! I'm not sure I would be here without your powerful examples of living Christlike lives. I'm convinced of the perfect plan of our loving Heavenly Father and the difference it makes in the lives of those who diligently seek Him. I have also gained quite a testimony that missionary work shouldn't begin on the mission and should be a great part of our lives forever. I took for granted how blessed we are to live in "Zion!" The gospel is true and it blesses and changes our lives every day. That is why we need to share it.

We need to let the light of Christ shine in our eyes so that those who are searching the truth will be able to find it in our examples. It has been such a blessing in my life to get to know such people like you! We are sons and daughters of a God who knows us by name and loves each and every one of His children! To the extent that He rejoices with us when we are happy and weeps for us when we are sad. Miracles are real and happen when we align our will completely with the will of the Father. He wants to give us everything but He can't take away our agency. It's our choice to accept His mercy and the blessings of all He has. Or, the opposite.

Let us chose daily to serve our Heavenly Father and the blessings will come in the time and way that God sees fit. I love you all and I'm grateful for your loving examples in my life!

Thank you!

Love,

Elder Zimbelman

No comments: